Due to a change in circumstances, we are looking for someone to take on the role of chief yogurt maker on our small dairy farm in the Cotswolds. The current yogurt maker has been with us for 15 years, but his family commitments have changed so sadly, he is leaving. The job currently involves an average of 5 days/40 hours a week. The days worked can be varied to suit the right candidate.
Our emphasis is on making the very best yogurt, using the fresh milk from our own dairy herd. We currently make approximately 12,000 150ml pots and 2,000 1 pint pots of yogurt each month, in 9 flavours. We are an expanding business, so this is the chance to really make your mark and increase the amount of retail customers we supply to.
Our yogurt making room is heavily automated, but some lifting of large buckets of milk and flavours will be required, so you will need to be able to lift 20kg.
Salary is worked out by the hour and is paid the first week of the following month. EG, work 1-31 Oct, get paid on 5 November.
- Ability to prioritise flavour making to maintain stock levels, but not to stock pile as dates must remain good. This is a fresh product, so shelf life is limited.
- Maintaining our exemplary record with Environmental Health and conforming to all current HACCP procedures.
- Keeping on top of the paperwork by taking note of which flavours are made and the best before dates of each batch each day.
- Keeping the production room clean and tidy after every shift.
- Preparing the production room for the next shift
- Ordering flavourings and pots as necessary.
- You will be required to ring current customers for orders and be proactive in searching for new potential customers that are on our delivery rounds, so a friendly telephone manner is essential.
- A Basic Food Hygiene Certificate is required.
- Previous experience in food production would be preferable, however full training will be given.
- Excellent personal hygiene and cleanliness.
- A passion and an interest in using fresh, local products.
- The ability to work on your own
- 28 days holiday (to include bank holidays)
- Pension plan
- Some flexibility in working days/hours.
£20,000 - £22,000 per annum.
Please note, your own transport is essential, as we are not on any bus route.
Full references will be required.